FRS provides Internet access to a single source of comprehensive information about facilities subject to environmental regulations or of environmental interest. The FRS contains accurate and authoritative facility identification records which are subjected to rigorous verification and data management quality assurance procedures. The facility records are based on information from EPA's national program systems and State master facility records, enhanced by other Web information sources. The Central Data Exchange (CDX) registration, when fully implemented, will also be used to create and update facility identification records. FRS has over 1.5 million unique facility records linking over 2.0 million program interests such as:
- Toxic Release Inventory Submitters (all years: 1987 - 2002)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Information (RCRAInfo)
- Risk Management Plans (RMPs)
- Permit Compliance System (PCS) - Majors and Minors
- Biennial Reporting System (BRS) 1995/1997
- Aerometric Information Retrieval System (AIRS)/AIRS Facility Subsystem
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Information System (CERCLIS)
- State master records from Pennsylvania, Utah, Mississippi, South Carolina, Nebraska, Minnesota, Ohio, Indiana, Maryland, Georgia, Oregon, Hawaii, and Washington.
FRS also includes locational information which provides accurate mapping of the facilities regulated by EPA.